Communications Executive | Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust
September 15, 2011
Is it you they’re looking for?
Info and application pack here – http://cityofliterature.com/news.aspx?sec=5&pid=22&item=1405
Deadline: Thursday 29th September 2011
In 2004 Edinburgh became the world’s first UNESCO City of Literature, pioneer in a new international network of cities under UNESCO’s Creative Cities programme.
The Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust is an independent charity that works with partners to promote literary activity in Edinburgh, champion Scotland’s literature and develop literary partnerships around the world.
We are looking for a Communications Executive to work alongside our Director and help deliver a creative and dynamic programme of work over the coming years. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to an organisation that works to promote and develop literary Edinburgh, and be part of a growing international network of literary cities.
Based at the Trust’s office, in Central Library, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, the successful candidate will work in the following areas:
- Profile-Raising – ensuring day-to-day visibility for literary Edinburgh
- Digital Presence – managing website and social media content and profile
- PR – managing promotional campaigns and liaison with media
- Print – managing the design, production and distribution of all printed matter
- Events Activity – delivering specific profile-raising activity
In addition you will provide support to our freelancers and volunteer staff, as needed, and deputise for the director when required.
What you would need to have:
- Significant experience in PR, social media and communications environment
- Be a graduate; relevant professional qualifications would be desirable
- Strong media skills and good knowledge of, and contact within, UK/Scottish media (print, broadcast and electronic)
- Creativity, with a nose for a good story
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of literary Edinburgh and literary Scotland
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail required
Salary is £21,100 per annum. To apply for this post please visit http://cityofliterature.com/news.aspx?sec=5&pid=22&item=1405 and download the application pack. Applications for this post should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 29th September 2011
Short Listing: Monday 3rd October 2011
Interviews: Wednesday 5th October 2011
For questions or further information, contact email@example.com.
Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust is the operating name of Edinburgh World City of Literature Trust which is a company limited by guarantee (No. 270581) and registered as a charity (SC035697).
Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust gratefully acknowledges support and funding from Creative Scotland and from the City of Edinburgh Council.