November 18, 2011
The Scottish Poetry Library is a dynamic organisation, a unique national resource and advocate for poetry. We are expanding our team over the next few months, and are initially looking for a Communications Manager to start in January. This will be a full-time post, based at the SPL in Edinburgh, working with the team to enhance the SPL’s profile and to bring people and poetry together.
- to develop and manage the SPL’s communications strategy
- to ensure that our social media maintains and expands its high profile: managing the blog, communicating via Twitter, Facebook and Flickr
- to manage the website – maintenance, creation of content, commissioning
- to manage communications generally: with press, radio, television, other organisations
- to manage communications with our audience specifically e.g. a weekly email
- to assist in marketing the events programme
- to assist with the creation of regular podcasts
- to edit the Poetry Reader twice a year
- to act as liaison for and diary assistant to the Makar, Liz Lochhead
- to communicate the Makar’s activities to the general public and stakeholders
- A graduate with a wide knowledge of and enthusiasm for poetry
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Time-management skills, and an ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take the initiative as well as work collaboratively
- Significant experience in social media and communications
- Attention to detail
- £20,000 per annum starting salary
See the attached background information for a general description of the SPL’s work: SPL background for CM post
If you wish to proceed with an application, please send your CV with an accompanying letter, setting out your reasons for applying for this post and drawing attention to particularly relevant qualifications.
Please let us know where you found out about this post.
Referees’ names should be included but references will only be taken up in the event of your being selected for the post.
Applications should be addressed to:
Dr Robyn Marsack, Director, Scottish Poetry Library, 5 Crichton’s Close, Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DT
and emailed to:
The closing date is midnight 4 December 2011.
We expect to interview short-listed candidates on 12 December.